Followers

Tuesday 26 April 2016

Jumble Sale 2


It was this picture on the front cover which drew me to the book at the jumble sale. It looked mysterious and old and African. The story turned out to be just that, it's based in South Africa about a girl who has to emigrate there from 19th century London and goes into lots of detail about life there at that time. I can't wait to read it. I got 7 books in all for 2 pounds which is just under 30p a book, so when I got home I cancelled the 2 reservations I had at the library as they cost 60p each !

One of the other books I got is also intriguing me. It's called " The Ship" and is based in a London where the world as we know it today has come to an end because of pollution and over-population. But some have escaped onto a sort of ark. I am interested to see how this one develop as it is described as a cross between " The Hunger Games" and the biblical story of Noah's Ark.

Have you got a favourite book you would recommend ?

No comments:

Post a Comment