Followers

Sunday 10 April 2016

Jumble Sale Bargains




There was a RSPCA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) jumble sale nearby yesterday and I went along later as it is usually very crowded. Still lots and lots left, piles of clothes but the books had got wet due to a sudden shower. I knew that we did not need any clothes apart from next years's school uniform but I couldn't resist this hat and a matching pair of wool socks. Along with 3 pairs of opaque cotton tights the bill was 1.80 pounds, a bargain ! The hat is 100% wool with a lovely fleece lining.

When I got home I looked up the label Moshiki and discovered that it is a Fairtrade company which ensures a fair deal for their workers in Asia and is based in Germany now. The hat is worth around eighteen pounds and is very comfortable. Definitely worth going out on a rainy Saturday afternoon even if we could argue that I didn't really need it !

Do you have a favourite bargain ?

4 comments:

  1. Well done, if it keeps you warm it is a good investment x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouragement, I was thinking about the old one which is about 10 years old and has a hole in it ! I think it is good to have a spare !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute hat! That is always fun when you find a bargain like that. I am guessing that your jumble sales are like our garage/yard/rummage sales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right, a jumble sale over here is just like a church rummage sale. Garage or yard sales are almost un- heard of here but I really enjoyed them when we lived in the USA.

    ReplyDelete