Followers

Wednesday 24 January 2018

Carrot Cake


We still have quite a few carrots left from all those bargains around Christmas time, they are getting past their best so here is another delicious way to use them up.

6oz carrots
2 eggs
4oz sugar
3 fl oz oil
4oz self-raising flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 oz raisins

Grease and line a 7'' square tin. Grate the carrots. Whisk the eggs ad sugar together and then whisk in the oil slowly. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Put the mixture into the tin and spread evenly. Bake at 190C for 20-25 minutes. Cool on a wire tray and ice if you wish. Traditionally people use cream cheese icing but we don't like that and find a plain water icing flavoured with orange is a nice, lighter alternative. Enjoy !

6 comments:

  1. Ooh that looks lush, I will get one in the oven by the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I made a carrot cake yesterday! I think your idea of a light icing is spot on, though. I made the cream cheese topping and it’s too stiff. Still tasty!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's tasty with all sorts of toppings, glad you enjoyed yours !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to look for a carrot cake recipe as my son's girlfriend told me its her favourite. What a coincidence. I shall make this tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck, I hope this turns out well !

    ReplyDelete