Followers

Wednesday 3 October 2018

Blue and White Plates


In the frugal round up last week I happened to mention that we need to replace our blue and white plates but that I did not want to pay £16.50 a plate, which was the new cost !

Well I spent a bit of time looking around the local charity shops with no luck. Then yesterday it was warm weather and I did not fancy tackling my university assignment, so off I went to a town about 10 miles away which I know has good charity shops !

I struck 'gold' in the first shop, an antique Royal Worcester blue and white plate, it was a bit expensive at £6 but seemed a bargain compared to new and I have been looking for several weeks, so I snapped it up! Then in the 4th shop along I found 2 more, what a lucky day. I had brought along a measuring tape but even so when I got home I discovered that one of the plates is just slightly too large for the dishwasher. Never mind I'll just wash that one by hand and at an average coast of just under £3 a plate I can't complain, as the final two plates cost £2 and 50p !

Waiting and searching around really does pay and I got my daily walk in as well !

6 comments:

  1. Blue and white china like yours is my favourite, I have lots of it. All bought in charity shops or at boot sales, mostly mismatched, but I don't mind at all. I even got 14 side plates at a boot sale for £2.50 for the lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ! That was such a great deal ! Well done you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for give me information on this topic. St. Petersburg Tutoring you have sharing very nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a collector of blue and white plates as well. They are so pretty! We use our plates as well and over time they break so I have to find new ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the work you have put into your nice blog. special needs tutor of Gladwyne We will bookmark to your blog because it is very informational. We love the site and will come back to see your new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really i appreciate the effort you made to share the knowledge.High School in Cutler Bay, Fl The topic here i found was really effective to the topic which i was researching for a long time

    ReplyDelete