Followers

Thursday 4 October 2018

The 1000th Post and Goodbye !



So I've been blogging for just under three years and this is the 1000th published post ! Phew, a thousand posts about frugal living and saving to enjoy some good times !

I have very much enjoyed writing here but now I think I have said all I have to say about frugal living and would be in danger of repeating myself if I carry on !

A big thanks to everyone who has been reading and for all the lovely comments, I shall miss you but also think that this year is going to be a busy one and that I will have less time to think about what to write.

When I started the blog we had three children still living at home and now have only one and he's in the 6th Form. When I started both MrShoestring and I were working full time, very long hours as teachers. Now I am in the final year of an accredited counselling and psychotherapy course with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and MrShoestring only teaches 3 days a week most of the year.

All these changes have been helped along by frugal living and we've been able to give the children a hand in starting out as well !

I'm going to leave the blog up as a help and encouragement to others and in future you can find me lurking over at the 'Old Fashioned Thrift' forum at Moneysaving Expert.

Good luck to you and yours on your frugal journey and many thanks for reading over the years !

18 comments:

  1. I've always read your posts with great interest, although haven't really been a regular commenter, and shall miss your blog. However, I do understand that life takes precedence, and wish you well for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever commented here but I'd just like to say thank you for some interesting blogs over the years. Good luck in wherever life takes you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would just like to say a heart warming thank you. Your blog has been very interesting and inspirational. I wish you all the best for your final year studying and new beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the good wishes, that was so kind of you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your blog. I have been following you for over a year and will miss you (especially the Frugal Fridays posts). All the best for you and your Family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sandra, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the Frugal Friday posts !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck in all you. End of an era I have very much enjoyed your blog and will go back to much of the advice and recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Nim, it is nice to hear that you find the advice and recipes helpful !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much for your lovely blog. I never failed to read but didn't comment as much as I should have.
    Wishing you and all the Shoestring family all the best for the future.
    I will miss you and thank you again.
    Kindest regards,
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’ve enjoyed reading your posts and learning your frugal ways! Wishing you all the best!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much, lovely to know that people enjoyed reading !

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the best, some good tips here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. And I just found it! I guess I'll have to read the older posts!

    ReplyDelete