Followers

Friday 29 December 2017

Frugal Friday


The last Frugal Friday of 2017 ! I have so enjoyed doing these and keeping notes over the week to know what we did has been very useful, so I think I will carry on doing this in 2018. I also love reading other people's posts about what frugal things they have been up to over the week as it often gives me new ideas.

We ate leftovers all week and still have plenty left, I don't think that I shall have to do much shopping in January. This was also helped by picking up a few more yellow stickered bargains over the week including 2 boxes of mushrooms for 25p and 8 packets of yoghurt for the same price ! The yoghurt came in very handy as MissShoestring has tonsillitis and can't swallow very easily so she has been eating soup and yoghurt since Wednesday !

I found a few coins on the ground and added them to my change purse. I also got books and magazines from the library. I saved wrapping paper to iron for reuse and reused tissue paper and gift bags for packing local gifts. I gave USAShoestring his birthday present to take back with him, as his birthday is early in January this saved on the postage.

I made turkey stock from the turkey carcass and froze it for making soups later. I made a turkey stew with leftovers and many turkey and cranberry sauce sandwiches were eaten. I washed out freezer bags for reuse and made some breadcrumbs from stale bread.

I used free stamps from the Royal Mail to post the 'Thank You' cards and am looking forward to starting the survey again in January so I can replenish the stock ! I also used free parking all week and got a few gifts fro Christmas 2018 in the sales !

Altogether a good week !


No comments:

Post a Comment