Followers

Saturday 23 December 2017

Saving Stamps for Charity


I have an envelope on my desk and into it I pop all the used stamps from the mail we receive over the year. Many of them are just ordinary UK stamps but I also get a few overseas ones. Once the envelope is full then I post it to a charity. It is great that charities can raise money from something that would otherwise be thrown away and all you have to do to help is cut the stamps off the envelopes you get.

This year I had been putting the stamps into a large jiffy bag type envelope so hadn't emptied it all year. The charity I work for, which offers counselling for children and young people, put out a call for stamps last week and I was able to hand over my entire envelope !

If you would like to help charities in this way there is a list of charities who take used stamps on the following website :-

stampstocharity.livejournal.com

I've already started a new envelope and have quite a few in there already !

Have a lovely weekend !

No comments:

Post a Comment