Followers

Sunday 5 March 2017

A Pause in Lent


This week is the first of the Pause in Lent Sundays and Angela over at tracing rainbows has a list of all the bloodspots taking part. This year I'm going to concentrate on how we can live simply so others can simply live.

I am very aware that with food in the fridge, clothes on my back and a roof of my own I am richer than 75% of the world. When I was young a popular book was 'Limits to Growth' which explained that if we were to extend these benefits to others in the world the richest people would have to change their lifestyle. So far there appears to be a growing gap between rich and poor but some people are trying to do something about it.

Last year I read this book :-


The book explains what you can do right now to make the biggest impact on world poverty and as a result of reading it the way we give and the charities we give to has changed. There is a website of the same name www.thelifeyoucansave.com and I would urge you to have a look if you want to feel that you can make a difference regardless of all the horrible things going on in the world. I was struck that they are good news stories and I want to be part of them.

This Lent we'll be looking for opportunities to save and give more, please join us !


No comments:

Post a Comment