Followers

Thursday 12 July 2018

Careful Menu Planning



We have a very young student from Africa coming to visit for English tuition for 3 weeks in August. he has lots of allergy problems and so together with our allergy restrictions I have had to make a plan about what we're going to eat. I thought that it might give some of you a few ideas so I've included it below. Since he is very young, very far from home and going to be trying to communicate in a foreign language I have tried to include as many of his favourite foods as I can, the plan isn't as healthy as we might eat. However, it's not that expensive and has a decent amount of fruits and vegetables in it and will be all made from scratch !

Breakfasts - cereal, bacon, pancakes, waffles, muffins, fresh fruit, yoghurt, mushrooms, boat, apple and orange juice, hot chocolate

Lunches- Roast chicken, sandwiches, carrot sticks and houmous, pita bread and felafel, soup and bread

Dinners- Baked beans on toast, chicken curry and rice, pizza and salad, vegetable curry and chapattis, lentil bolognaise and pasta, burgers,bun and chips, hotdogs and all the fixings.

I've got all this written down in detail and have made a shopping plan so I'll always have what he can eat in the house.




2 comments:

  1. I think that’s so nice of you! You put a lot of thought into your plan. I’m sure he’ll feel welcomed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, the idea is to make him feel welcome and I've also said that I'll take him shopping so he can choose a few things. He likes plantains but I've never seen those round here, maybe we can look together round a market !

    ReplyDelete