Followers

Tuesday 3 July 2018

Getting Fit and Healthy


MrShoestring still has 11lbs to lose to reach target weight after putting on quite a bit at the start of the year. I got this book out of the library to help him and we liked it so much that I've ordered a copy to keep.

The book is all about what this GP noticed in his surgery when he started giving lifestyle advice rather than handing out prescriptions, he reckons 75% of the problems he sees are caused by lifestyle rather than actual illness. A great deal of what he says seems to make sense, so for the next few weeks MrShoestring will be cutting out sugar, eating more vegetables, relaxing and moving more ! With a bit of luck those last few pounds will come off and then we can start encouraging others to try a bit more healthful living !

4 comments:

  1. Dr Rangan Chatterjee is on Rich Roll's podcast this week. Thank you for all the interesting information on your blog. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra for telling us about the podcast, sounds like it should be an interesting listen !

      Delete
  2. my drink with a maraschino cherry, I commented that it looked like he was using Luxardo cherries—at which point he queried, "Who are you?"
    best double jogging stroller

    ReplyDelete
  3. My diabetic DH has finally decided to take my advice after watching a Ted talk and adopt a different lower carb approach to his diet. Halleluiah! Why did it take so long-I think everyone needs to have some kind of epiphany of their own, and then get started. Mine was in January 2016 and I steadily lost 3 stone mainly thanks to Michael Mosely’s advice. I’m creating as many meals as I can from scratch and nearly fainted today when he actually put hummus in the trolley when we were shopping. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete