Followers

Monday 16 July 2018

Yellow Stickered Bargains !


Down to the supermarket yesterday to pick up some strawberries for MasterShoestring's birthday breakfast and all the packages had been reduced to 9p ! I picked up 10 packets and have frozen them away for the future. We also ate some on pancakes for the birthday breakfast, yum !

But they also had 2 packets of mixed vegetables for 15p and a gigantic bag of parsnips for 13p, so late last night I was busy making roasted vegetables also for the freezer.

We picked up 4 packets of 9 crumpets for 13p each, a packet of giant wholemeal pita bread for 9p and a loaf of Hovis bread for 17p. I also got 6 scones for 12p.

Quite a haul and the freezer is now well stocked for when we return from holiday. This year I'm going to try something new and try and post to the blog whilst we are away. I'm not sure it will work so if you don't hear from me until August don't worry but if I can I'll post about our frugal adventures in Scandinavia !

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday MasterShoestring!
    Well done for your yellow sticker purchases, that's a great find. Where I live I can't seem to find the decent yellow sticker bargains. I would delighted if I could get an item for under 20p.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely birthday greetings ! Yes, I know what you mean, for a long time I haven't found anything round here and then just over the last few weeks it seems to have got better, I wonder if the hot weather means that things go off quicker so they have to make drastic reductions to get rid of overstocks ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic bargains. We must try going to the supermarket either on a Sunday afternoon, or in the evenings, things aren't reduced much during the day when we usually go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't find many YS bargains but my best ever was 10 (or it may even have been 12) boxes of raspberries, some reduced from £3.25 to 32p and others from £2 to 20p. I do think we ate more raspberries than we normally would though!

    ReplyDelete