Followers

Friday 3 August 2018

Frugal Friday


It is so good to get back to thinking frugally, rather than frantically wondering how much a few bits of shopping have cost us in a Scandinavian supermarket !

So I did send off some spare foreign currency but have yet to hear how much it is worth. I also corrected the dentist's error about which plan we were on and got them to refund the money. Finally I spoke to the postal survey people and I am going to be kept on for a bit longer than usual as lots of people are away on holiday !

This week I also used the menu plan for our new student guest, made my own cheesecake after calculating that it was cheaper than buying one and only bought what we needed at the supermarket. I also froze leftovers from every meal so I have something quick on hand if I need it over the next few weeks.

I spent my Tesco vouchers on a free 'Prima' magazine subscription as they often have good ideas in the run up to Christmas, I have a whole folder full of cut out pages from old 'Prima ' magazines.

A gentle start to getting back into the frugal groove !

No comments:

Post a Comment