Followers

Tuesday 21 August 2018

Slow Cooker Apples


I think I have mentioned this before but it's a tip that is saving me so much time at present that I thought I would share it again, try making your apple pie filling in the slow cooker !

Every day this week when I've finished breakfast and I'm waiting for our young student to finish theirs, I cut the bad bits out of the windfall apples chop them straight into the slow cooker, peel and all and set it on HIGH for a couple of hours. Depending on the type of apple you might need to put a bit of water in the bottom of the slow cooker to stop the apple sticking.

On your return the apples will have cooked down into perfect apple filling to which you can add sugar and/or cinnamon to taste. Just cool and freeze ! Really quick and really easy !

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lifesaver to me! Thank you. We have loads of small apples that would be a nightmare to peel so I shall try this method!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,

    I hope it works for you as well as it does for me, I've found that you can't see the peel anymore after it is all cooked down. I've got the second lot for today on as I write this ! So much less work !

    ReplyDelete