Followers

Monday 13 November 2017

Buying an Electric Toothbrush


Last week my electric toothbrush stopped working. They all eventually stop working because the rechargeable battery inside them can only take a certain number of recharges before it stops working. I dislike this sort of built-in obsolescence and think it is very wasteful but a hand toothbrush or a battery operated one do not do such a good job of removing plaque. 

I used to have to visit the dental hygienist every 4 months and with the use of the electric toothbrush have cut that down to every 6 months. Since a visit costs £45 a time investing in a decent electric toothbrush is a saving, not to mention not developing gingivitis ! I have very tightly packed teeth, so a very good clean is important.

Over the years I have tried very expensive brushes and very cheap ones and my conclusion has been that you do not need a very expensive brush with lots of features to do a good job, you just need a reliable fast brush and a good cleaning head. Features such as travel cases and buzzers which tell you to move onto the next part of your mouth are unnecessary, as are 2 minute timers, you can use your watch.

This meant that when it came to replacing the toothbrush I knew to look for a basic model. I prefer ones made by Oral B as that is what the dentist recommends and I have had good service from them. The last toothbrush lasted over 5 years, used every day. Then I researched prices online, including the cost of postage and eventually found the model I was looking for on Amazon at the cheapest price and I had a gift card from Swagbucks I could use there. Spending a gift card on a toothbrush is not very exciting but since it brought the cost down to under £20 seemed like a good idea ! I then added a small book, which I can use as a stocking filler, in order to reach the £20 limit to ensure free shipping. Ordering the book was cheaper than paying the delivery costs. So I ended up paying less and getting more !

Ordering online was cheaper than buying locally and I was pleased to be able to take care of this chore in the warm !

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for.
    Bridesmaid Dresses

    ReplyDelete