Followers

Friday 10 November 2017

Frugal Friday


It has been quite a thrifty week round here and I managed to get a few treats in as well.

First of all I downloaded a free ebook and then found another one I wanted, so that made 2 free books. I also pureed all the Halloween pumpkins and put the flesh in the freezer for loaves and muffins later in the winter. 

I went to the library, instead of the jumbles sale and now have 5 new books to read for free. We made tortillas, refried beans, apple and blackberry crumble, chocolate cake, quiche, salsa, picked a few more tomatoes from the greenhouse, made bread, baked potatoes, yoghurt and granola and used up the cornflakes I bought for my Dad instead of buying Weetabix.

We washed out plastic bags for re-use and scanned all our shopping with the Nielsen scanner, so I nearly have enough points for 2 cinema tickets. I cashed in some Swagbucks for an Amazon gift token and used it to get £5 off a new electric toothbrush as the rechargeable battery in mine was finished. This seems like a luxury but saves money on dental cleaning !

I received some free Christmas cards and labels in the post and also a free GCSE revision guide for Science when I registered as a professional at the CGP website. Finally, I managed to get 3 free tickets for 'Wonder' at the cinema next Monday, so MasterShoestring is looking forward to coming on an outing with us !

How was your week ?





4 comments:

  1. The food you prepared this week sounds delicious!

    I've stretched our meals this week by cooking slightly more of each dish than we needed and rolling it over to the following day, so an extra bit of roast veg was turned into something else, I made potato skins instead of jacket potatoes and made bubble and squeak with the leftover potato, that kind of thing.

    We went to a couple of talks this week too, really interesting and have lead to me digging out some old books to brush up on my knowledge. Nipped to the library too. Not a bad week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea ! I must try the potato skins !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the potato skin idea too. My week was not very frugal. In fact the whole month has been an expensive time what with birthday gifts to buy, car costs and paying for Christmas meals out with various groups. Actually, it might be potato peelings! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you can find a recipe to turn those into something delicious too !

    ReplyDelete