Followers

Sunday 5 November 2017

The Library instead of the Jumble Sale

On Saturday I was excited that there was a jumble sale early when there haven't been any for ages. However, just as I was getting ready to go MissShoestring said to me " Oh, a jumble sale, what do you need ?" The answer of course was nothing !

So I put the £1 entrance fee into the Poppy Appeal tin and went to the library instead !


This was the first book I found, MrShoestring is reading the series and this is one he hasn't read. If I had seen it at the jumble sale I would have bought it for him, but instead I borrowed it for free.


This was the next one I found and I am really looking forward to reading how she manages all those sheep and 8 children !


Then I was very pleased to see this sequel, as I have read the first book called " A Field Full of Butterflies' and hope that this one is just as interesting.

I also got a memoir by Jeremy Paxman and a couple of short stories by Norah Lofts, which is my equivalent of a box of chocolates.

Just as satisfying as finding them at the jumble sale but no mopey changed hands !



2 comments:

  1. I love my local library and we get a mobile once a month. I have stopped buying books altogether as there is no space to store them. I had a big turn out and filled the space with crafting things.I will be adding those books to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea ! Not sure if I could resist buying books altogether !

    ReplyDelete