Followers

Friday 6 October 2017

Frugal Friday


A whole week of October gone and I am pleased to report it has been very quiet on the spending front ! But not that busy on the saving front either ! Here's what we did get up to !

Stewed apples - I think I did this every day in the slow cookers and there are still some in the washing basket. I'm hoping to finish those off over the weekend and then pick the rest off the tree before the wind blows them all down.

I sold a book on Amazon and posted it using recycled packaging and stamps from the Royal Mail Survey. I enjoyed free books and magazines from the library and must make sure that I return them on time to avoid a fine. I al;so read the free paper and free local magazine, which always has a map for a great local walk in it.

I did the rest of the month's shopping and used a combination of Aldi and a £4 voucher off a £30 spend at Tesco to keep the costs down.

We made tortillas, quiche, soup, refireid beans, meatloaf, salsa, lemon drizzle cake, lentil curry, chapattis and chocolate brownies from scratch. I made baked potatoes in the slow cooker to save putting the oven on and picked and froze some more raspberries.

A big surprise was finding more beetroot in the garden when I was clearing away some swiss chard which had bolted. I was thrilled and we enjoyed eating them for tea yesterday. I earned another £5 gift voucher from Swagbucks and downloaded 3 free ebooks from Bookbub.

It was a busy but enjoyable week !

No comments:

Post a Comment