Followers

Tuesday 3 October 2017

Lagom !


I borrowed this nice, little book from the library on Saturday and have been enjoying dipping into it every day since. Lagom is a Swedish word meaning ' work - life balance' and there are quite a few ideas which I think could come in handy to make Stoptober a bit more fun.

The first idea is Fredagsmys which is all about making Friday night very relaxing, at home with your family. The idea is to put on comfy clothes and eat and drink something nice together and then enjoy a cosy time. Since our Friday evening is often occupied with shopping and housework this sounds like a lovely alternative !

The second idea is Fika which means a proper coffee break where you walk away from your work, whatever that is, whether at home or in a workplace and take 10-15 minutes to do something else and savour a coffee and a cinnamon bun. Today's tea break for me was spent rushing around getting other things done, so this seems another great idea, especially as I love making cinnamon buns !

The third idea I picked up is Allemansratten which means everyone's right to nature. My interpretation is that you are going to feel better if you spend some time outdoors every day regardless of the weather. So I'm looking out my wellingtons and raincoat to make sure I get out every day in October !

Three great ideas and I'm only a third of the way through the book, can't wait to see what other great ideas the Swedes have !

2 comments:

  1. I have this bookmarked in my Amazon wishlist to buy when I earn some more Swagbucks vouchers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too ! I think it is lovely and a treat to look at !

    ReplyDelete