Followers

Saturday 7 October 2017

The Pleasures of October


We are just one week into the month but it really feels like the season has turned now. I spent most of September wishing that Summer could go on a little longer, especially as we were still on holiday at the start of it !

However, yesterday I realised that Autumn has its pleasures as well. Here are 10 I noticed so far :-

1. The colours of the leaves

2. The smell of smoke in the air

3. The dewdrops on spiders' webs first thing in the morning

4. The sun can still be warm in the afternoon

5. The flowers are still blooming

6. Late crops can be gathered

7. Spring gardening plans can be made and bulbs planted

8. Woolly blankets for sofas

9. Warm breakfasts

10. Festivities are just around the corner.

I'm going to do my best to enjoy all of these this weekend !

2 comments:

  1. I love Autumn too, especially October. It is my favourite time of year. There's something about the smell in the air which I just love. Winter coats, boots and thick black tights...wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me, better go and look for the winter coat and boots ! I've packed them away somewhere safe !

    ReplyDelete