Followers

Monday 23 October 2017

Stoptober 4


Well, we have certainly being doing that ! I had to go to High Wycombe on Friday, which has our nearest shopping centre but I only went to Lidl and Poundland and stuck to buying what was on the list.

Normally, when I go to Lidl I also have a look at the special offers but this time the central aisles were ignored ! It did help that I had just had to pay for a compulsory part of my course and some mountain biking gloves to keep MasterShoestring safe on a course he did over the weekend. Handing over several £10 notes for each, helped me focus on what we actually needed rather than things I thought looked nice ! Lidl was a food shop to keep us going until the end of the month and Poundland was a lightbulb and a 2018 diary. I was pleased to find LED lightbulbs in Poundland for only £1 so hope the one I bought will last a long time. If it does than that will be my new go-to place for LED bulbs, I don't think I have seen them cheaper anywhere else.

We know that changing over to LED lightbulbs will save quite a bit on the electricity bill but haven't wanted to waste the existing bulbs. Thus, we replace a bulb that has blown with an LED one and just do it a bit at a time. This saves money and waste. The only disadvantage is that we don't always have a bulb of the right size available when one goes. So MasterShoestring was living in the gloom until I could get the right one for his bedroom on Friday. Still, as a 15 year old he quite likes a bit of gloom for watching films on his new mobile phone !

I bought the diary because we are starting to make appointments for 2018 and I don't want to lose all those little cards and emails we have been getting confirming them. I knew that I could still get a desk diary in Poundland for £1 which is definitely the cheapest compared to anywhere else. The food shop was only £11.46 so I was quite pleased with that and the menu plan I made for half term seems to be working !

Good luck with your spending this week !

No comments:

Post a Comment