Followers

Saturday 11 November 2017

Getting Ready


Looking in the diary I realised that it is only 3 more weekends before the start of Advent. It is very late this year, on into December because Christmas Day falls on a Monday, making the last Sunday in Advent and Christmas Eve the same day.

So I decided that it was time to start checking for the advent calendar, we re-use ours from year to year and other supplies, like baking ones that we will need in Advent. I also checked last posting dates and wrote them into the diary. That was so we are not caught out when posting parcels and cards but can get them ready earl;her enough for second class.

Next I need to have a look at the wrapping paper and card supplies and think about a pudding and a cake. This year MasterShoestring's allergy problems are so much better that although I'm still allergic to marzipan I've promised we can have a cake topped with marzipan and icing as he's never had one. MissShoestring will help with that so I don't have to.

I've also priced up mincemeat and worked out whether it's cheaper to buy or make. Similarly I've started to look at turkey prices. We need a fresh one as the frozen ones contain additives which we can't have.

Then, time to look at the homemade decorations and plan which new ones we will make. All this is quite fun on a rainy, cold November afternoon, but will be less so when December arrives, so get planning now and enjoy the season of Advent when it arrives.

2 comments:

  1. I had the same advent calendar for my whole childhood. They all seem to depict television cartoon characters and contain chocolate nowadays. I can't stand them. It's time I got my Christmas brain into gear too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with getting into gear !

    ReplyDelete