Followers

Saturday 4 November 2017

What to do on a Busy Day !


Yesterday was a really busy day and I still am not sleeping well because of the back problems ! I was determined that we would not resort to takeaway food so what did I do ?

First thing was to get up a few minutes earlier so I had time to stick a meal in the crockpot, a simple one which would keep warm for hours and wouldn't matter if people came in to eat at different times for their supper.

The second was to work out where I was supposed to be when and build in some margin, Fridays often  mean delays on the roads and building in some margin meant that I had time to take detours rather wasting time sitting in traffic.

Thirdly, I took a picnic lunch and tea with me. I was tempted not to as I knew that I would be too busy to eat at the usual lunch and supper times but I knew that if I counted getting home at a certain time to eat I would probably be delayed, end up hungry and go and buy something. Just as well I did as I left the house at 0845 and didn't get back in until 2200 ! I did end up eating lunch at 1130 and supper in a lay-by but the food was good, home cooked and frugal and my trusty stainless steel thermos kept a hot cup of tea 'on tap' all day !

I ended up spending no money, being well-fed, having the family well-fed and meeting all my obligations just with a little planning ahead !

However, it almost made me realise that I don't like days that busy and maybe I should plan ahead not to have another one !

2 comments:

  1. Great job! That always feels good to be successful in this area but it does sometimes require a little extra push to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it ended up being a little push too far as I have had a bad back from all the driving the whole weekend !

    ReplyDelete