Followers

Monday 10 September 2018

Bletchley Park

We had a lovely, sunny afternoon for our visit to Bletchley Park yesterday. We went for free on the Heritage Open Days programme and were asked to fill in a questionnaire as part of getting in free which I was happy to do. We also got a free map which you can return at the end for recycling which I thought was a good idea.

We enjoyed our visit, but did not take anything like as long as the 4-5 hours suggested on the map. The site is quite compact and there is very little original there to see.


There were quite a few huts to go into, this picture shows the bomb blast walls they would originally had round them and I really liked the memorial wall with the names of people who had worked there inscribed on it.

We saw everything in 90 minutes and didn't need an ice cream, a cream tea or a visit to the playground!


So we had a walk around the lake and came home !

It was a beautiful drive to get there but if I had paid the standard adult entry fee of £18.50 for each of us, I think I would have thought that it was poor value for money ! However, if you pay the entrance fee you do get to return as many times as you wish within a year.  I think Heritage Open Days are great and I'm really glad that we got to see this place for nothing ! 

Now I'm looking forward to going to a couple more places for free next weekend !


No comments:

Post a Comment