Followers

Thursday 6 September 2018

Waterstones Plus Card


I was in Waterstone's the bookshop yesterday spending a book token for MasterShoestring. He needed a recommended book for his Physics class and decided to get it free with a birthday book token. I handed over the book token and my Waterstone's card and was told that they are changing their reward system.

The Waterstone's card and the little stamp card where you can save up for a free book are being amalgamated into one, a Waterstones Plus card. There is also a student card which does the same thing but gives you 5% off all purchases. But what about the full stamp card I've got at home I asked ? I have been saving it to buy a new release book which comes out in October. I want the book for MrShoestring's Christmas present and using the full card means I can get it for free, as Waterstone's are advertising the book at a 50% discount. The kind shop assistant explained that I need to bring in my full stamp card before the end of the month and have the £10 value transferred on to my new Waterstone's Plus card. Apparently if I don't do this I might lose the value !

So I'll be back into town today to get the value transferred ! Just thought that other people might be saving amounts on the card or the stamp card and it would be a shame if anyone lost out because Waterstone's are changing this system.

In case you're wondering, I didn't spend £100 on books to get a free one, I used lots of gift book tokens over the years and got the stamps on the card without spending any money ~!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mrs Shoestring.
    Thank you for sharing this.
    My daughter loves Waterstones and spends an absolute fortune in there!
    I'm not sure if she knows about this so I will let her know. It would be a shame if she lost out.
    Thanks again.
    Kindest regards.
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's a place I try and avoid now unless I go in for something specific, all those books are just too tempting !

    ReplyDelete