Followers

Friday 28 September 2018

Frugal Friday


Just a quick run down of the frugal things we did this week as the final year of my counselling course has started and as suspected, that means I'm getting pretty busy !

We picked butternut squash and sweetcorn and both were delicious but that is the end of the plants now as it got close to freezing at the start of the week. We ate the corn off the cob and used the squash for soup. Now I have lots of them in the utility room where it is cool and dry. I even found 2 more when I pulled out the vines !

I improvised a final cold frame using the guide we use for planting square foot beds and a large piece of plastic from a bulk order of toilet rolls. Once the beds were cleared of the sweetcorn and the butternut vines I planted spring onions, radishes and spinach in the hope they would sprout before it gets cold.

We ate a chicken on Sunday and then used the carcass to make stock. We also made pizza, chocolate cake, chapattis and pancakes. The menu plan and shopping plan have been made for October and I'll go shopping for it this weekend as I am much busier during the week now.

I got 2 free packets of seeds with the 'Kitchen Garden' magazine and made a final shopping list of what is left to buy and make for Christmas. I was delighted to see that the cotton flannel I am currently knitting can be paired with a delightful handmade soap I was given to make a gift for a god child. So that was one less thing to buy. Now I only need chocolate and some baking ingredients for some homemade gifts and my list is finished !

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this amazing article, it is very informative post good work keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. for the best coupons and deals you can go on CouponOutlet .CouponOutlet have more then 5000 store of the world

    and CouponOutlet have the best quality and quantity. if your interested go to the link given below
    coupon outlet

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the best coupon you can visit my website by clicking in my bio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This could be one specific with the most beneficial blogs Naples Tutoring We have ever arrive across on this subject. Really Wonderful. I’m also an expert in this topic so I can understand your hard work.

    ReplyDelete