Followers

Sunday 20 August 2017

Patience


I have been thinking today about how much of the frugal life is about patience. Saving up for things, rather than going to buy them at once, making do with things, having the patience to mend things and so on. But I also thought that there is a great virtue in learning to do that. So frugal life not only builds your bank balance, it builds your character too ! Here is one of my favourite poems about patience.

Stepping Stones

I see a bunch of stepping stones,
they each appear one by one,
floating up to the surface.
I need to summon courage,
to patiently wait for the next stone,
although,
sometimes the waiting makes me,
curious or bored or anxious.
But if I try to cross,
before my time is ready,
I will just fall and sink,
out of sight to the bottom.
But I need to 
be brave enough to wait
and strong enough to 
cross to the next stone.

Every place in my life,
I've had to cross a threshold,
by going over the stepping stones.
Each stone has had a purpose,
leading me to the place,
that I'm meant to be at, 
at that particular time. 

When the time is right,
for you to finally cross,  
your stone will be there.
Just remember to
believe in all of your steps,
for they'll get you,
where you need to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment