Followers

Tuesday 15 August 2017

Spending a Penny !


I was a bit shocked yesterday to be asked for 20p to spend a penny at Bourton on the Water ! It was lucky that I had some change in my purse and was able to help out an American family who only had large notes ! I had forgotten that tourist hotspots often charge to visit their conveniences !

The picture above directs you to one of the few free public lavatories in the Cotswalds, at Chipping Camden and there is a handy website to let you know how much it will cost elsewhere !

http://www.cotswold.gov.uk/residents/environment/parking-and-public-toilets/public-toilets/

Other ideas to spend a penny for free are to use service stations on the motorway and use the facilities in coffee shops and pubs that you stop at. The whole event reminded me that often in Europe you have to pay and that I better make sure we have some small Euro coins for our arrival in Belgium, as there even the motorway service stations charge !

4 comments:

  1. We travelled from Berlin to Prague earlier this year and I liked the idea that you could go into a hotel and use the toilets for 50c. Everyone we used was spotless and usually had an attendant. Local council here is closing most toilets which means many people just won't visit.,Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good tip, Catriona, many thanks for posting as travelling with family makes knowing these things a necessity !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so annoying. I live in this area and all public toilets seem to charge these days. I wouldn't mind so much if they were clean and pleasant and used the money to keep them that way. I always keep a spare few coins in the zip compartment of my purse for this purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is annoying when they are not clean after you've paid ! It is a good tip to keep a few coins just in case and I shall be doing that from now on !

    ReplyDelete