Followers

Tuesday 12 June 2018

Celery Regrowth



I don't know if you can remember but I tried to re-grow some celery which we had over Christmas time and eventually had 3 stalks sprout, which were planted out in the poly tunnel. I have been cutting the stalks regularly and you can just make out the remains of one here, in front of the cucumber plant. The picture is all steamy because with the sunny weather inside the poly tunnel is like a tropical rainforest at the moment !


This is the tallest of the stalks we replanted and I might let it carry on growing so that produces free seed to save.


Here is the last of the stalks just before I cut some to use in tonight's vegetable curry ! 

Please excuse the less than clear pictures, but I wanted to prove that you really can regrow celery from the supermarket from the base up and get something useful that you can use !



No comments:

Post a Comment