Followers

Thursday 14 June 2018

Leaving Unpleasant Comments



I hope nobody saw a very unpleasant comment left after the post yesterday about using excess strawberries. The last time it happened I found it upsetting and appealed for a spirit of harmony and co-operation between all who read. I also said that I never post to make people feel bad and encouraged people who do feel bad to seek help. You do not have to read what I write and I only started writing to help people out the way I like to have help and encouragement on our frugal journey. I don't like swearing and I don't like anonymous hurtful comments, so this comment has now been deleted so it doesn't upset anybody else.

I do understand that people feel overlooked and that the anonymous commenter may feel that no-one cares about their situation. I do care, that's why I try and post helpful, uplifting ideas and why I'll be lighting a candle and saying a prayer for that person who felt bad enough to want to post a nasty comment.

This corner of the internet is very small but I value everyone who reads and hope that that level of respect will be valued and adhered to by all the readers here.

Blessings !

12 comments:

  1. There is a lot of this going on in blogland, so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posting negative comments is a mystery to me...not sure why folks spend their time on the negative. You did the right thing, i am sorry you have to be the filter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely response to the”sad”person who posted.
    They know who they are and I hope your post will be of comfort to them or make them feel ashamed, whichever is appropriate.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nasty comments are awful..i have had a few but one literally took my breath away..horrific..sad for the person who leaves these kind of comments.
    ftm

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy reading your lovely blog. So sad to hear that you have experienced unpleasant comments.. But as Sue remarked what a lovely post to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanks to you all for your lovely supportive comments ! They say that it takes 5 positive things to cancel out 1 bad one, so I'd say that you have successfully banished any negativity hanging around here ! Onwards and upwards !

    ReplyDelete
  7. People should just say something nice or nothing at all. I very much enjoy blog, thankyou

    ReplyDelete