Followers

Tuesday 26 June 2018

Gift Card Surprise


Clearing out over the weekend I found a blue bracelet that I had been given for my birthday and the gift receipt from Marks and Spencer to go with it. I don't wear bracelets as they get in the way when I work, so it was a toss up whether I would exchange it or donate it. At first I thought that I would just donate it, but then I saw on the Marks and Spencer website that I could exchange it at their nearest store, even it was a Food Hall.

We have a Food Hall in our closest town, 5 minutes drive away, unlike the real store which is half an hour's drive away. I figured that the bracelet might be worth £5 so I did not really want to drive an hour's round trip just to exchange it for that much, so I thought that I would try in the Food Hall in town. It was very quiet in the Food Hall because of the weather so although the first person did not know what I was talking about she did direct me to someone who could help.

It turned out I could get a £15 gift card in exchange for the bracelet, so that is exactly what I did and I shall use it to buy a few treats for our holiday. I was so glad that I had taken the trouble to find out Marks and Spencer's exchange policy before I just put the bracelet in the charity box. Now I have had a lovely gift card surprise and am very grateful to the kind relative who always thinks of me on my birthday and is also considerate enough to know that people might want to exchange a gift !

No comments:

Post a Comment