Followers

Monday 4 June 2018

June Challenges 1



So our first challenge of eating things from the garden is going quite well, we have had lots of salads and I also found a parsley plant and a rosemary plant for 31p each reduced in Tesco on Saturday night, so they have been planted out to add to the herb garden. I also made a rhubarb, raspberry and strawberry crumble from fruit frozen last year and we had courgettes from the freezer with a meal on Friday.

The 'no spend' days are not going so well. On Friday I spent 29p to order a book with a gift token I had been given for my birthday. I thought it was worth it as the gift token was for £25 so I was able to get a book for my course for only 29p, but it was still spending ! On Saturday we spent £11.26 on marked down food in Tesco, which did give us some tremendous bargains, like the herb plants, but was also still spending ! However, we didn't spend anything yesterday and I won't be spending anything today either, so that means 2 NSDs this month already !

MasterShoestring has said that he can't possibly think about the 'prom' until the exams are over, next Friday, so I won't have to worry about any spending there just now. The savings challenge we will have to monitor as the month goes on but so far it is looking alright, with the transport money eating into it as expected.

How has your month begun ?



No comments:

Post a Comment