Followers

Wednesday 13 July 2016

Mending the Slow Cooker


One of the slow cookers has a single knob on the lid like the one above and last week the knob sheared off. Mr Shoestring tried to mend it with some superglue, but this Sunday whilst using the cooker for a steamed date pudding the knob came off again. I think that the heat somehow melted the superglue !

I really didn't want to get rid of the slow cooker, as although it is 8 years old, it still works fine. But with no knob lifting the hot lid was dangerous. Mr Shoestring to the rescue, he fashioned a new lid from the remains of the old one and some plastic tap washers and fastened it on with some screws from his ' IT-WILL-COME-IN-HANDY-ONE-DAY' box. This is a box I frequently think is full of rubbish, but clearly I was wrong !

Now the slow cooker is fine, the repair cost nothing and never again will I eye that handy box of bits and pieces with an view to recycling !

No comments:

Post a Comment