Followers

Monday 5 December 2016

Stain Removal


This weekend MrShoestring's favourite blue cotton jumper appeared out of the wash with a big, black stain in the middle of it. When I asked him about it he said that he thought it was food that he had dropped one lunchtime but he couldn't quite remember. Stain removal for a stain that you are not quite sure what it is can be tricky as you might end up setting the stain. Since the black mark was right on the front of the jumper I had nothing to lose trying a stain remover, as either it would work and the jumper would be saved, or it wouldn't and the jumper would have to be binned.

I have some spot stain remover from Persil which I was sent a long time ago to review so I spread it liberally on the mark and left it. The first go faded the stain but you could still see it. Second time it had faded a lot, so I put the jumper back in the wash at 30C and waited to see what would happen.

The jumper emerged like new and I was really glad that I had tried removing the stain before throwing out the jumper as now it is back in MrShoestring's drawer and he is very happy about that !

No comments:

Post a Comment