Followers

Thursday 29 December 2016

Tackling Paperwork


These quiet few days between Christmas and New Year are the ideal time to tackle paperwork which you usually do not have time for. For instance, we have been writing to get up to date pension quotations from all the providers we have money with and have been burning old tax records. It is also worth having a look at whether products you signed up for a long time ago, such as children's savings plans are still meeting your needs.

Then make a list of things you need to do with a timeline to do them. I've cleared out and burned a lot of old paperwork and know that I need to do something about getting more accurate pensions' forecasts from all our providers. We also need to update our wills as the children are getting older and one of them does not live in this country anymore.

Doing a big clear out now can save you a lot of money and hassle when the time comes and you need that paperwork. For instance the dishwasher flooded today and I know that our home insurance will pay for the damage as I was just going through the booklet. I know where the booklet is, I know that is from this year's house insurance provider and I know what I have to do to make the claim. If I hadn't been just clearing up the paperwork I think that I would have assumed that we weren't covered ! So, clearing up the paperwork is well worth doing !

No comments:

Post a Comment