Followers

Monday 5 June 2017

Book Review


Last week I found some book tokens which still had some money on them so I went to Waterstones for a look round. This is not something I normally do as I find book buying such a temptation. However, the prospect of a 'free' book sounded good and in the end I purchased this one !

This is a hefty, paperback book and it starts with lots of good advice for cooking at home. There are sections on being confident in the kitchen, stocking up a pantry, meal planning, fussy eaters, special diets, using a freezer and a microwave.

All this great advice is followed by over 80 recipes arranged Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, Desserts and Family Feasts. There are also sections on seasonal eating and how long you can keep food for. There are even 2 week long menu plans with a shopping list to go with them.

I thought this was the best book of the three I have recently bought to get people started on budgeting in the kitchen and I really liked that all the recipes were straight forward and did not contain strange ingredients. There are also lots of colour pictures of the finished dishes.

The book's price is £14.99 which I think is a bit steep for a book which is trying to save money, but if it meant one less takeaway or you got it from the library then it would be good value. Do you have a favourite new cookbook ?

No comments:

Post a Comment