Followers

Sunday 25 June 2017

Frugal Luxuries


The venue yesterday had a sweeping stair case with a thick, red pile carpet all the way along it and walking up and down it made me feel like a film star even though I was dressed in trousers and a blouse rather than ball gown ! The experience made me realise just how many luxuries the frugal lifestyle affords so I thought that I would put together a list of my top ten !

Number 1 - a shower as long as I like with hot water heated by solar power !

Number 2 - a slice from a fresh baked loaf slathered in butter.

Number 3 - coming home from a long day to find someone else has made supper.

Number 4 - getting a phone call from friends or family and being able to chat for as long as we like.

Number 5 - getting an unexpected letter or card in the post.

Number 6 - fresh flowers from the garden.

Number 7 - fresh fruit and vegetables from the garden

Number 8 - a weekend lie-in.

Number 9 - an hour to read a book without thinking about the 'to-do' list.

Number 10 - enjoying a sunny day.

What would be in your top ten ?

No comments:

Post a Comment