Followers

Friday 15 September 2017

Frugal Friday

 So a busy and frugal week ! Lots of activity around storing what is still good in the garden and getting out to forage blackberries in the fields. 

I picked up windfall apples and used some in crumbles and pies and froze the rest for later. I picked blackberries and raspberries and froze these and used some marrows to make some more marrow chutney. Fortunately, everyone thinks it is delicious but I'm nearly out of jam jars !

I also made tortillas, bread, scones, pita bread, felafels, soup, chocolate brownies and quiche. I batched errands to save petrol and got free shipping on some eye drops. I used a discount code to get our holiday snaps printed for half price which was cheaper than printing them at home.

I saved money on outdoor window cleaning by doing it myself one afternoon and also fixed the central heating boiler by resetting the wireless controller, that saved a call to HomeServe or the independent boiler company, so at least £60 saved and it was quicker !

I soaked and boiled 1kg of chickpeas to put into the freezer in handy portions for making hummus and other tasty things, rather than buying tins. I was also really fortunate this week to go to Tesco one night when they had reduced their 15 in a box free range eggs from over £2 to 53p. I bought 3 boxes as they were all still innate but had 1 egg cracked in each box. I made pancakes with the cracked eggs and have the rest in the fridge or the larder, a great deal !

This weekend I'm looking forward to putting a few things on Gumtree from the garage clear out. I hope you ha e a had a great week too !

No comments:

Post a Comment