Followers

Thursday 7 September 2017

Meal Planning for September


So now that we are back, the sitting room is strewn with drying washing and my 'to-do' list is as long as my arm ! Time to make a meal plan for September and preferably one where I already have most of the ingredients in the house and do not have to go shopping until the weekend. There is a glut of raspberries and marrows to deal with as well !

So this is what I came up with :-

Breakfasts - Pancakes, cereal or eggs

Lunches - Leftover, crackers, cheese, sandwiches or school lunch

Dinners -

Sundays - Roast Chicken and all the trimmings with steamed pudding for dessert

Mondays - Chicken Fajitas with homemade tortillas and using up the leftover chicken

Tuesdays - Pasta Arabbiata - nice to have a bit of heat with the cooling Autumn weather

Wednesdays - Felafel and pita bread, MasterShoestring loved the felafel mix I took away on holiday so I will have to try and find some more

Thursdays - Soup, homemade bread and cake, a quick, easy option for a busy day which can be made ahead or stuck in the slow cooker

Friday - Quiche, potatoes, garden vegetables, I expect we can still rely on the kale and chard until at least until the end of September

Saturday - Tortillas, refried beans, sausages and homemade buns plus ice cream, either homemade or bought jazzed up with a homemade fruit sauce

Phew, and I have everything in for the next few days so back to crossing things off the 'to-do' list !

I hope your meal plan is helping you as much as mine does me ! For those missing the frugal Friday post this week I will get back to it next week but as most of this week was still holiday there wasn't so much to report !

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good frugal meal plan, lots of cheap tasty meals, I am doing a post about shopping later and will be posting lots more simple recipes over the next few weeks and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great ! I look forward to seeing that !

    ReplyDelete