Followers

Monday 25 September 2017

Update on September Resolutions 3


This is the final week of September and it is good to look back on the progress on the September resolutions I posted at the start of the month.

1. I will menu plan for the cheapest meals possible. This has gone so well. I never thought that I would be able to spend less than £170 for all of us but I have got £50 left, even though I paid for MasterShoestring's school dinners, so I think I shall try to do something similar next month.

2. I will use up the produce in the garden. We still have lovely raspberries and have picked several washing baskets full of apples. We have eaten the final cucumber from the greenhouse and picked several small courgettes. I've planted some more lettuce seeds and done this in pots so I can protect them from slugs !

3. I will use up the craft stash for Christmas gifts. Craft stash has been examined and some of it was used to make a present for my aunty !

4. I will plan ahead to give gifts early to save on Christmas postage costs. No posting done but we did book train tickets for December to take advantage of the cheapest possible price for MrShoestring to visit family in Scotland.

5. I will take my own food and drink to college. Still doing this, not only at college but for days out as well !

6. I will top up MasterShoestring's lunch account before he runs out of money! Managed this all month and kept the Food account in the black.

7. I will sell some of our surplus garage stuff. The bike is still sitting there so I really need to do something with it this week.

8. I will sell some more surplus books. I put 5 books up for sale on Amazon and sent £10.50 worth of books off to Ziffit.

9. I will find the best home for our savings. I decided that for the moment the money will just stay where it is whilst we wait to see what will happen to interest rates and have some money available to invest, if something interesting comes along

10. I will find a cheap way to add to garden fertility for next year . We bought some cheap compost and will either plant a green manure in the gaps or source some free manure.



I think having these resolutions for the month has been helpful and I'm thinking that next month I might try a Stoptober and see if I can get all the spending a bit lower as prices are definitely rising !

No comments:

Post a Comment