Followers

Monday 11 September 2017

Update on September Resolutions


I had a list of things I resolved to do in September and thought that now we were a good way into the month I should have a look and see how I was doing !

1. I will menu plan for the cheapest meals possible. This is going fine. So far I have spent just over £70 on food and we are sticking to the plan. A couple of days MasterShoestring has been so busy chatting he hasn't gone for lunch so that means there is still plenty left in the school lunch account too !

2. I will use up the produce in the garden.We have plenty in the garden, including delicious Autumn raspberries and I have been planning when to use what in conjunction with the menu plan. For instance pairing cucumber and tomatoes with chicken fajitas made with leftover Sunday roast chicken. I have made lots of marrow chutney using apples and marrows from the garden and we are still picking kale, chard, courgettes, tomatoes and cucumbers from the garden. Not to mention those fine pumpkins which we are keeping for later !

3. I will use up the craft stash for Christmas gifts. No progress on this one so far but I'm not worried as I think I already have enough in the gift cupboard to cover everyone and anything homemade will just be a little 'extra'.

4. I will plan ahead to give gifts early to save on Christmas postage costs. No-one has been to visit yet but my Dad will be coming over from USA in October and I've got all of his present ready.

5. I will take my own food and drink to college. I have been doing this and not only is it saving money but it is proving very handy when lessons overrun and I don't have time to stand in a queue.

6. I will top up MasterShoestring's lunch account before he runs out of money! So far I have not had to do any topping up as MasterShoestring has been very modest with his spending.

7. I will sell some of our surplus garage stuff.
8. I will sell some more surplus books.
9. I will find the best home for our savings
10. I will find a cheap way to add to garden fertility for next year No progress with any of these as I have been busy working and helping out with some charity stuff. I hope to at least pack up a few books and look into some saving s accounts this week.

How are you doing so far this September ?


2 comments:

  1. A really good sensible doable plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it looked that way at the start of the month, I have to get going with those last things if it is going to work ! Thank you for the encouragement !

    ReplyDelete