Followers

Friday 29 September 2017

Frugal Friday


This has been a busy week as I started two new courses, so it was important to have most of the supper making done beforehand and have the frugal living on auto-pilot !

I made quiche, baked potatoes, fajitas, tortillas, bread, chocolate brownies, apple pie and crumble ! We also picked more apples, stewed them and out them in the freezer. We are still picking courgettes, swiss chard and raspberries. There are also a few peas in the offing from the second crop we planted in July.
The lettuce seeds have germinated too, so I hope we can protect them !

I booked a cheap return ticket on the train for MrShoestring to visit his family in Scotland at the end of the year. It almost looked like flying would be cheaper but then we found Advance tickets for £20 and £26 on 21st December, so that was great ! However, the first train leaves at 0550, which will mean an early start that day ! I also got some Nectar points with the ticket, so that was a nice bonus.

I took advantage of some trustee travel to see an old friend before the meeting and that was a lovely chance to have a catch-up. I also applied for some free seeds from Nestle and a free poster from the Open University. I'm always on the look-out for little free items which will make nice stocking stuffers.

It is so close to the end of the month that I don't want to have to go shopping until I do the big monthly grocery shop hence cutting the dishwasher tablets in half this week to make them last until the weekend. Some of the dishes were not as clean as usual but it was only a few and these are the cheapest possible tablets, so I think that was a win !

I also put unwanted revision books up for sale, line dried washing and took food and drink for a picnic at college. Lots of people have decided to copy me as they are tired of spending most of their lunch break queuing !

On a funny note, yesterday I was called by the Nielsen shopping panel as they were suspicious that I wasn't scanning everything as the amount of shopping was so low. We eventually agreed that I would scan everything with a bar code that comes through the door, even if it is from a jumble sale. I don't think the data will increase by much !

I hope you had a great week !



No comments:

Post a Comment