Followers

Thursday 28 December 2017

A Visit to the Sales


After my meeting yesterday I thought that I would have a look around the sales. There was very little left in most shops ! I did buy a diary at Poundland for a £1, which I saved by not paying for parking ! When I go to town I park in the free Matalan car park, so on the way back thought I would have a little look at their sale too. I had some Love2Shop vouchers from the Royal Mail survey and knew that I could use them in there.

Well, this was the best shop yet as I was able to get 2 pairs of fleecy pyjamas, a wash bag and 5 Christmas tea towels all reduced by more than 50%. Using the vouchers meant that I only paid £12 for all of it and that money came from selling books to Ziffit just before Christmas began. This effectively meant getting some very nice gifts for Christmas 2018 with no out of pocket cost.

I think I shall make it a 2018 challenge to try and make gift giving spending neutral and see how I manage. I think I was helped by the fact that it had been snowing hard all morning and there were not many people in town, so I was able to have a nice chat with the checkout lady as well since it was quiet.

So, I'm off now to pack the gifts away in the present cupboard and add them to my gift list !

No comments:

Post a Comment