Followers

Friday 19 January 2018

Frugal Friday


One of the ways I saved this week was to telephone a venue before going to visit and saved petrol and time by discovering then and there that it wasn't suitable. I also crossed off a few things which were on the shopping list, such as parcel tape and printer cartridges, which can easily wait until next month.

I also used vinegar as a toilet cleaner so I wouldn't have to buy any and it worked really well. I was very pleased to discover a copy of "Kitchen in the Hills' on eBid for only a pound so I snapped it up quickly and also got some free ebooks and some from the library, so plenty of good stuff to read this week !

I collected the new microwave instead of paying delivery charges and it has already proved its worth in that it has enabled us to eat up all the leftovers rather than throwing them away or forgetting about them. We mended the driveway with the neighbours and re-potted the celery plants we had been growing from the ends of ones we had bought at the supermarket. The first one I planted now has some thin stalks of celery, so it does work.

I made yoghurt, quiche, soup, bread, pasta bake and a blackberry and apple pie as well as baked potatoes and a curry in the slow cooker. I planted some tomato seeds. getting ready for Spring and sprouted some cress and broccoli seeds for use as 'greens' at the moment.

We got a £5 Amazon voucher from Swagbucks and used it to buy another book for the train for MrShoestring and a craft book for me, it's not often we manage to get 2 books so that was great !

MasterShoestring is eating a lot of food for school lunches so I'm raising the amount I put on the account each week. I thought that maybe he was buying food for friends but he said he wasn't and I guess he is a 'man' size now and still growing ! So that will make saving on the grocery budget a real challenge next week. Fingers crossed that with the help of " Kitchen in the Hills. A Hovel Cookbook" I can do it !

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete