Followers

Friday 26 January 2018

Frugal Friday


So I'm not sure if we will squeak through the month without dipping into savings but we certainly are trying ! This week I got 3 free magazines and a local newspaper at the supermarket where I spent just over £11 for the week. I got three  yellow-stickered turkey legs for the freezer and put them away for meals in February.

I made breadcrumbs from old bread and vegetable stock from vegetable peelings, a great saving from something that would otherwise be thrown away. I was also given some Marks and Spencer's money off coupons which I'm not sure that I will spend but which MissShoestring might find useful when she gets a flat.

I went to the library and instead of limiting myself to 5 books a week went and picked up everything I liked the look of and brought home 9 books and 2 magazines. I also ordered 2 books, paying 60p for each reservation rather than buying the book, so I can see if I like them first.

I made tortillas, yoghurt, pancakes, quiche, cake, bread, pasta bake and apple crumble from scratch and bought petrol on the way home from work as it is 3p a litre cheaper near work than it is near home ! I have never understood how petrol prices can vary so much within a radius of 10 miles, but they do !

I washed out a plastic bag for re-use, saved foil for re-use and got a free copy of "Moneywise" magazine. I read about a special offer with 'musicMagpie' on MoneySavingExpert and decluttered some workout videos in exchange for cash for the gift account.

We lost a very old apple tree in the storm this week so MrShoestring is going to cut up what is left for logs for next year, so it looks like we are starting a free log pile for 2019 already !

I hope you are stretching the money into the 5th January week !

No comments:

Post a Comment