Followers

Sunday 14 January 2018

Working with Others


We live down a gravel track which needs topping up with stones regularly. We've recently agreed with the neighbours that we will buy some stones together this month but before we do that all the potholes need smoothing out. Doing this means that we won't have to buy so many stones !

So yesterday and today everybody who could was out on the track with shovels, pickaxes, rakes, wheelbarrows and spades digging out the stones which had become impacted along the edges of the potholes. Once the stones were dug out then they were used to start filling in the potholes.

Working together we were able to do such a good job that I don't think we will have to order very many stones at all. So, a nice way to catch up with the neighbours and a way of saving money together!

Just as well that we might save some money on the stones as the microwave died yesterday ! We don't use it very much, but it is so useful for re-heating meals when people come in at odd times, for instance when MissShoestring is late. I've ordered a new one, so we get a guarantee and it was reduced from £39 to £32 at Asda. I don't have to pay delivery charges as I'll collect it tomorrow on the way home from a job ! However, January is turning into a bit of an expensive month !

2 comments:

  1. There is always something to lever money from your purse, my washing machine is clonking merrily at times. It is no big deal as I budgeted to replace it 2 years ago, then I cancelled the insurance on it and added that money to the pot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good idea, to start to save to replace something ! I think I might have to add a new column to the budget !

    ReplyDelete