Followers

Monday 12 February 2018

February Challenges 2


I am so happy to have finished the cushion cover shown above. The central panel is in cross-stitch and was started by MasterShoestring aged 10 but never finished ! So this past month I have been stitching away in spare moments and got it finished off, then I added the red fabric to make the cover which MissShoestring can take with her when she buys a flat, We thought that it would make a great present for her birthday in May and it cost nothing except time, as I had all the material and notions in stock already. I've also made a tiny matching pincushion to go in her sewing basket !

Now that project is finished I've started the first pair of socks for Christmas 2018 ! They are in fluffy purple wool and are also for MissShoestring. I also got a £5 Love2Shop voucher from doing the Royal Mail Correctly Delivered survey so that has  been added to the gift account too. We seem to be on target so far ! Just as well, because I worked out the cost of some of the excursions we would like to do in Norway, when we go in July and can see that we will have to save extra on top of what I had planned !

The grocery challenge is going well too, with only £9.15 spent this week and with half term I shan't have to top up the school lunch account so that should save a bit as MasterShoestring will be home for lunch all week, MrShoestring is also home this week and with Pancake Day and Valentine's Day as well, I've worked out a detailed menu plan to include lunches and breakfasts. I know from past experience that if I don't do that people help themselves to food I already had plans for !

Clothing challenge also going fine as I have yet to shrink any jumpers this week ! With an eye to the future and keeping the grocery bill low I have ordered a few seeds for the garden. A bit too early to sow most of them but I got a 20% discount and free postage so wanted to take advantage of that.

I hope that your week is off to a great start !

No comments:

Post a Comment