Followers

Friday 23 February 2018

Frugal Friday


The last full week of February and it seems that I will not be able to plant out those seedlings anytime soon, brrr, it's cold ! But the frugal living goes on !

This week there was plenty of wholesome home cooking to feed out tummies and generate some much needed extra heating at the same time ! We made leek and potato soup, red lentil and tomato soup, hummus, tortillas, refried beans, chips, salsa, stuffing, pasta bake, bubble and squeak, blackberry and apple crumble, lemon cake, mashed potatoes, fried potatoes, pancakes, granola, vegetable curry, chapattis and yoghurt !

I washed out plastic bags and containers for re-use, planted some more cress and re-used foil. I got 2 free magazines and a free newspaper at the supermarket and downloaded a free ebook. I read some library magazines online and took my own lunch and flask of tea to a course to save buying anything. I also made lunches for MeShoestring all week.

Other than that I have been trying to formulate a menu plan and shopping plan for March and also to plan a Mother's Day card and present that will cost very little but look great !

I hope that you had a great, frugal week and are staying warm !

No comments:

Post a Comment