Followers

Thursday 22 February 2018

Getting Ready for Spring


You can tell that it is getting near to the end of winter at our house when every spare window sill has seedlings in pots on it. This year I was much more careful with the tomato seedlings and every time they got too leggy I re-potted them. So now we have over 40 little tomato plants. I'm not sure what we will do with all of them, but MrShoestring says that he will think of something !


I also planted lettuce seedlings every two weeks and although these have also got quite leggy I think they will be alright planted out into the cold frame around the beginning of March.


I haven't tried radish seedlings before but they appear to be growing strongly and might lead to some early crops.


In the meantime our weekly crop of cress is being mixed in with the egg sandwich fill in for MrShoestring's lunches and is stopping him missing home-grown lettuce too much !

Has anyone else started seeds ?

No comments:

Post a Comment