Followers

Tuesday 20 March 2018

Car problems


Last week as I was driving home from a job I noticed that the night seemed very dark ! Was I perhaps wearing sunglasses ? Nope ! Did I not have the full beam lights turned on ? I had them on ! I puzzled and puzzled, until I reached the built-up area of the drive home and then the problem went away thanks to the street lights !

The following day I drove the car in the dark again and did not notice a problem as the route was through a built up area. However, on Friday it was just getting dark as I reached home and I noticed the reflection of the headlights in the glass door as I reached home, one headlight was not working !

After a good deal of investigation on the internet we discovered that £35 was the cheapest price for the replacement bulb we needed ! This is enormous compared to the cost of most headlight bulbs but the car is getting on for 9 years old and it isn't made any more so the parts have to be specially imported.

With some more help from Youtube MrShoestring fitted the new bulb in the snow on Saturday. It took a lot of strength as the little hatch where you access the bulb hasn't been opened for 9 years ! Good job his labour is free as it took a very long time to unjam it !

Now to fix the flat battery which made itself known just before the school run this morning ! We have a  3 year guarantee on that, so if need be can go and get a new one as I remembered to save the receipt and have found it !!



No comments:

Post a Comment