Followers

Thursday 15 March 2018

Saving Money on Fuel


The other day, as I was driving back from a job, I noticed that the petrol price per litre over on this side of town was 5p less than it was locally ! On a tank of fuel that would make £1.50 difference in price and over the course of a year add up to well over £50.

I have joined the free price alert service at

https://www.petrolprices.com

which tells you once a week where the cheapest petrol and diesel can be found in your area. But it wasn't telling me about the cheaper stations close to where I work, so I widened the search to up to 10 miles from home and they came up.

From now on I'm going to make sure that I fill up on the way home from work rather than locally, but I'm not sure if I understand why 10 miles makes such a difference. Looks a bit like pricing to match what they think people are prepared to pay ? Well I'm not prepared to pay more than my work colleagues so I'll take the cheaper price every time !

Do check locally and see if the same sort of price fixing is going on in your area, it could save you quite a bit of money !



No comments:

Post a Comment